For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Kyle is off to Basics

Kyle just before we got to Ashland to drop him off

Kyle arrived at Basics training late last night.  We took him to Ashland on Monday; and in true Military fashion he and others had the 'hurry up, then wait, and wait and wait, then hurry again' treatment. ;)  He is "only" about 7 hours away, so going to pick him up is going to be easier (and cheaper!).
I didn't see too much of him the last few days, as he had Drills, and he spent lots of time with his girlfriend.  But hopefully all goes well for him--keep him in your prayers!

All is strangely quiet on the home front.....thus far! ha  Jared and Chandra are settling in (I heard her reprimanding the ornery kitten in the background as I talked to him yesterday) and I hope to see them at Christmas!

I had to get more hay yesterday, the previous bale had lots of straw in it.  I used the rickety small pickup box trailer to get it, I wonder how many people laughed at it (me) on the way home.  I made it here safely, and Patrick helped me unload it--with the help of the truck and a lariat.  :)  (True redneck style--but it works!) ha ha ha  The bovines are happy, happy, happy now!
Patrick also helped me put in my tank heater, oh yes it's that time of year again (bah humbug!).  I only filled it about 1/3 of the way to check for leaks.  So far, so good! 

The chickens are molting, and I get 1 or 2 eggs a day.  Not much, but better than nothing.  Someone gave us some pork ribs, and I realized the fridge was, well, a mess as I stuffed them in it.  So all the critters (dogs, cats, rabbit, chickens) got 'treats' as I cleaned out the refrigerator yesterday. 

We haven't had much rain/moisture the past month--and temps have pretty much been decent.  But we'll take all the rain/snow we can get, we need it!  (I just don't want the cold and wind!)  ha  ;-)

That's about all the "news" here for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment