For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 26, 2010

Updates!

My computer mysteriously won't let me copy my writings on here...I'm thinking something got changed (or I accidentally did it) and can't figure out how to fix it!

Last weeks news: we had 1" of rain, we thankfully got bypassed by some nasty storms in the area. Patrick planted sweet corn, and I have in cucumbers, tomatoes, jalapeno, bell and banana peppers. I have one Habenero that I pulled from last years garden and wintered over in the house. It's liking being out of a pot! (I had two, but had big brother Butch drop the biggest one off at sister Christies' house on his way by a few weeks ago.)

There was an accident involving 4 teenagers and an older lady Friday near our town....three of the kids go to the school here. They didn't stop at a stop sign on a road and hit the older lady.
I was at work ringing up a fellow who was on the volunteer fire department when his pager went off, so I got to hear the 'details'--unsettling to say the least.
Kyle happened to come in the store a few minutes after that (whew!) and I made him call Jared to make sure he was still at Katie's' house. Thankfully he was. (There was no school Friday.)
They had to take them all to the hospital and life-flighted a couple to bigger hospitals. From what I've heard, they'll all make it, time will tell.
So sad....I was 'preacher mom' this weekend telling my kids how important it is to pay attention and wear their seatbelts when they are driving!! Consequences can be scary if not!

Kyle got called into work Friday and Saturday night. I got called into work Saturday for a few hours, too. Jared and Katie went to the movies Sunday night and Patrick has been busy helping B&K finish up moving.

Hopefully things will settle down this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment