For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 6, 2010

Slow News!





Summer is flying by, here it is September already!!
My pullets started laying.....the very same day the 'egg recall' hit back in August. Divine Intervention?? ;-) I am up to 4 eggs a day, so soon there will be a feast with eggs!

School started in Mid-August for Kyle, and he's cut down on how many days he's been working. His Explorer's transmission blew a front seal, so it's out of commission for now. Once again, I am sharing my truck with him.

Jared is done with Basics and almost finished with AIT (Advanced Individual Training), and will be on to Airborne School. He called last night and said he overdid it on the PT test, he was trying for a good score and almost passed out, they took him to the hospital and put an IV into him. (Heat Exhaustion I think.) He still passed the test!

Our garden has been slow this year, producing enough for sandwiches and the like, not enough for canning yet! I had to laugh, my "Brussels Sprouts" I started from seed back in July are actually Climbing Spinach! Seems I forgot which seeds I had when I planted them. No wonder they looked funny! HA HA

I got Dolly's pregnancy blood test results back.....she is open. She turns 16 this month....and hasn't been cycling since the bull left, so it was a real letdown for me. I am figuring out what "our" next step is with the help/suggestions from the KFC folks. (Keeping a Family Cow)
Get her into milk and/or get her cycling and re-bred or... ?? I won't throw in the towel with her just yet, I'm too stubborn to just give up on her. She deserves it...OK remind me of that when she's been a naughty cow! ;-)

On a lighter note.....
I had to laugh at the neighbor....she went on a trip a couple of weekends ago. My phone rings Sunday morning and I cheerfully answer: "Hello!" She says: "WHO is THIS??" She called my house instead of her house and was wondering why some woman answered her phone!! :) :) :)
(It doesn't help our numbers are similar....either!)

Walter, Jared's rabbit sez: "I'm pretty!" (We think "he" is a "she".) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment