For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow is here!



It snowed probably an inch last night. We've only had a couple of good 'dustings' so far this winter. The wind is strong from the NW so there is some blowing and small drifts. I see the snowplows had been out already when I took Kyle in early to school @ 7 am.

With the weather being decent, I have been doing things outside. Last Tuesday it was 60* and I was out in the garden preparing my 'potato bins'. I've decided to grow potatoes in the feed tubs that I grew the tomatoes in last year. Less digging this way for me! ;-) I mixed compost and the existing dirt in layers....emptying one and re-layering/filling the next.
Pat burned the asparagus area with the weed-burner for me the other day. I plan on putting Epsom salt there to discourage the grass from taking over. (This patch is 3+ years old now, so it *should* be safe to do!)

Kyle is Mr. Busy; school, band (plus playing drums for the dance team), work, speech practice, his girlfriend, and working out some mornings at the wellness center. Since we are sharing a vehicle, it makes life more interesting. HA

Jared is in Louisiana for training. His phone doesn't work there, and we've only heard from him a couple of times. He borrows a friends' phone, but usually doesn't have time to talk for long. I think it's the Military way for 'conditioning' us for limited contact for awhile. Bah. Ticks me off sometimes! But not much I can do about it except pray.

I was sick this past weekend, got some kind of stomach bug. Patrick had sinus issues, but is doing better. The calf with the foot injury is doing great, you can't even tell he had any injury/issue! (Yaaay!) ;-)

As for the snow-it's pretty and we do need the moisture. I just don't want the cold winds that usually accompany it! Oh well, it's the middle of January, and we are getting closer to spring every day. ;) I have some seed catalogs to pour over and make big plans for the garden this year (ha, when don't I?!)!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment