For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Busy Again!

Wish I was a house cat some days...sleep, play, eat. Sleep, play, eat!! HA


We have been busy around here! Got lots of plants/seeds going in the garden and I've lost count on how many times we've mowed the lawn already!
We planted another row of Asparagus, I got cucumber seeds in as well. We've got quite a few tomatoes planted, as well as a variety of peppers. And burssel sprouts, and some cabbage. More to come as we have time to plant!

Last Monday I got some strawberry plants in the mail for a trade (thanks Stacy!) for comfrey. They have their own little bed now, but aren't liking our cooler weather. I added some amended soil (with Microbes) to help them have an easier time to adapt. Time will tell..... Pat made a chicken wire cover over them to keep the outdoor cats out (a giant litterbox to them!). So I can't blame any cats or dogs!

We re-located the Blueberries to the front yard, and keep a close eye on the PH, and amend as needed. The cats use it for a short-cut and I see they are tramping down the soil. Grrrr. So I'm sure a fence is needed around those as well. :(
All in all, our "yard" in the front is slowly turning edible! The raspberries are already there.....I do have flowers (and mints) up close to the house, which will stay.

As I mentioned, we've been putting lots of "labor(s) of love" into everything around here, keeping us busy. The Lily of the Valleys are blooming and my wild roses....smells good!

We had a doozy of a storm a week ago Saturday, giving us 2 1/4 inches of rain in about an hour. Hail came, too, but didn't damage much. There was some flooding and lots of field run-off. It's also been quite windy on and off for a couple of weeks, drying things out.

Yesterday Nessa managed to get a nice cut above her one eye....she was fine at 'breakfast' and 10 minutes later I see blood and a cut. Geez, just like little kids, always into something they shouldn't be! It doesn't seem to bother her, but I'm keeping a close eye on it.

Now I'm off to do chores and work (my day off......how'd I get roped into that?!!) Don't ask!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment