For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Still no rain

Last week I was busy attacking thistles, weeds in the garden and hand watering everything.  We had rain north of us last night, but once again we only got a few sprinkles this morning.  With the heat and wind, things are drying out fast--reminds me of when we lived in Texas.

Yesterday I was on the road.....Patrick and Jared's GF are on their way to Fayetteville to see him for the holiday weekend before he leaves.  Kyle and I are stuck behind...we have to work, do chores and hold the fort down. :)

It was extremely windy (that's putting it mildly!!) for the drive; as the wind was from the south.  I had to laugh, there was a herd of cows on a hill, one cow with her butt pointed south.  She proceeded to pee and managed to splatter herself really good in the process with all that wind.  Where's a video camera when I need one?!! ha ha ha

I took the Diller road and saw Casey on his tractor headed out to to where his cows are.  I waved, but since I was in Jared's truck, he probably didn't know who I was.....(HI Casey!!) :) :) :)

Also on my way home, I got to stop and pick up some milk--fresh from the cow.  Ummm ummm good!  The cows' name is Apple, and the lady's one granddaughter calls it "Apple Juice".  Smart kid!  I got to see babies and more babies and discuss AI'ing for Nessa which will be coming up.  By the way, with all that's been going on around here, I forgot to mention she's a year old now. ;) 

I am still working on getting photos of Jared on here from our trip to see him, stay tuned....I only have so many hours in a day to get things done. ;)


Kyle got a haircut yesterday (Pat says "You ain't seen short yet!") and has been enjoying time off.  I think I've seen him more in the last week than the past few months combined!  He's been riding a bike trying to get into some shape before boot camp.  Time will tell if it's paid off. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment