For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Slow Blogging, Busy Times!

I'm enjoying the flowers that have been blooming here--and what produce we've been getting (slowly) out of the garden/beds.  The garden may be weedy, but it's producing!

Ummmm strawberries (thanks Stacy for the plants!) and zucchini, cucumbers and some okra and cherry/yellow/Roma tomatoes and even a peach already!

We also scored a deal a couple of weeks ago on a hog from a local farmer--I was apprehensive about the taste.  Amazingly it's awesome!  BLT's with fresh tomatoes.....good stuff!!

We've heard from Jared via FB--hopefully he'll get one of the two "care packages" soon with items he's requested.  (And a few extra goodies as well!)  Keep him in your prayers please!
Kyle got another drum set--I haven't heard it....yet! HA  He's been working quite a bit lately, I don't see him much. 

For our Anniversary, Patrick and I went to Red Lobster Saturday and then later went to Dairy Queen for dessert.  We delivered a DQ treat to his Dad as well (I think that became his "supper" since Mom was gone.) giggle

Finally the heatwave has broke for now, and we got .20 of rain yesterday.  Not much, but better than nothing!

I also turned the electric fence back on, seems the youngsters have gotten lax about it.  I was having to fix posts.....this morning doubtful I have to do that! ;)  And Nessa has a date with the bull later this week--she just doesn't know it yet!

I got Walter's cage/pen cleaned out (the rabbit that's a she!), and put it in the compost pile.  I have horse manure (free) lined up, just have to go get it!

The news keeps harping about "higher prices coming in the grocery stores" soon.  The more a person can grow/preserve the better.  A little labor goes a long way at (some) food security.  I like to walk by the meat counter and get sticker shock at what some of the prices are.....

I just had a lady ask me last night about buying tomatoes....she gasped when she heard I had a milk cow too, and called me a 'mother earth' type.  (Ha, that's not what *I* call it!)  She stated that her idea of milk products is the dairy section at the local store.

What are people going to do if/when it's not there??  People hear this all the time, but are very complacent to the point of spoiled. 
I know I can "preach to the choir" all day long.  We work very hard here at putting much of our food by.....I'm grateful and thankful that Patrick helps in that task!!

I know all too well that what happened recently back east with the storms and power outages could very well happen here--winter or summer.  The short version is: I'm not a food bank nor food stamps.
And this leads me into my next paragraph.....

Now onto a rant......  :)
I ran across this today and thought hmmmmm; sums things up pretty good!
"It's amazing how some people are "victims" of their own bad choices (over and over) and manage to convince themselves that it isn't their fault."
Weekly I run into people "looking" for jobs and/or trying to create their own--that's all and good.  But at what sacrifice to the rest of the family? 
It seems many have no desire to get a "normal" job (even if it's temporary) and support themselves and their family. (Is it too much work?  A serious question I don't have the answer to!)  It's easier to have the public assistance as their safety cushion.
 
I can not understand WHY anyone invites this into their mind as a way of life.  I don't mind the helping hand up and out of a bad situation (been there, done that), but as a lifestyle?!!  Bah humbug.  I shall shush up for now.......

No comments:

Post a Comment