For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 13, 2013

Busy as the weather allows :)

Pat got some of the garden tilled, enough so I could get the tomatoes planted.  Then we got rain, and hail, but it seems everything made it through OK.  It has dried up enough, that hopefully he can get more tilled for me so I can get peppers planted.

The calves are growing like weeds and ornery as ever.  My work schedule will be changing (working more morning shifts) so I will put them on OAD (once-a-day) nursing in a couple of weeks:  one in the morning, and one at night.  They won't like it, but eventually they'll need weaned (Red sooner since he's getting a new home).  Hopefully then I'll get some milk as well for ME!

Sunday we headed up to Lincoln to help Kyle unload his couch.  We took his dresser up, and he took us out for a late lunch.  Wow, the place was packed, even at 3 in the afternoon.   My cousin Elaine was there, I hadn't noticed her, so she came over to chit-chat.  Was nice to see her!
Jared called, and Chandra posted more "baby belly" photos on FB.  So exciting!!

We got 6 turkeys Friday....one croaked within an hour of getting them, and one was "iffy".  I told the store, and asked them to save 2 more back for me, I'd be in after work to get them.  Low and behold when I got there after work, the dude had sold all of them already.  (UGH)  The "iffy" one died the next day.  So we have 4, and they are kind of stupid.  (I'd forgot how dumb they can be).  Nothing like chicks.....Anyhow next year I'll just take pre-orders and order the turkeys myself.  I think too much transportation without stability/heat doesn't do them any favors.  At $8 apiece, it's not like they are a cheap loss!  (Yes, I got a refund for my croaked ones).

Now off to work, so I can come home and do chores and more work. ;)  My requested 4-day workweek once again morphed into 5 or 6.  It makes for looooong days for me, as we are busier at work now, and with normal cow chores, baby chick and turkey stuff, plus the garden......at least the weather has been nice, so it makes working at home more enjoyable!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment