For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 28, 2011

End of Febuary already!

What is odd about this photo? Look closely!


I might of mentioned before my 'rebel chicken' who does her own thing apart from the other chickens. She doesn't sleep/stay in the coop either, her preference!!
So here is Bwocky the Bantie riding Dolly--caught on camera. I've seen her riding Dolly plenty of times, but finally have a decent photo to share! (I've even seen her on Anna once!) What a goofy chicken--but hey its free and interesting entertainment!! (Not sure if Dolly would agree to that or not.)
"Oh Bovine Taxi--get me outta the snow and keep my feet warm!"



According to the calendar, Spring is soon!! :) Now if the weather would cooperate, that would be nice!!

Jared got his 'care package' we sent last week. I sent him a couple of OP shorts and t-shirts, a Foxfire book, and some recorded shows he likes to watch. When I asked him if he liked my selection of clothes, his reply was: "They (the shorts) look like Kyle clothes!!" Oh well, I tried! I told him they were 'girl catchin' shorts--everyday but still nice-looking. I don't think he believed me....darn it! HA

He did extra CQ duty and made some extra bucks this weekend filling in for other dudes. This week they have training all week and said he'd call when he could. They are to train next week doing something else, then head off to Louisiana for some more training. He's not sure how long they'll be there. Hopefully he'll be able to fill us in soon.

Kyle is almost done with Speech Meets, then Golf starts. He is happy (thus far) with the newer (gently used) clubs he bought. I took the liberty of writing down all the golf meets so he could turn it into work for scheduling. Then I was informed that he's on JV (Junior Varsity), and won't be at all the meets on the schedule. Argh! "E" for effort on my part!

I made salve late this week, as I've had requests for more. I have a different batch of beeswax and had to put in more than I normally would, as it was too runny/soupy for my liking. But now it's all done, set up and ready to go!

Patrick has been searching for a different cheapo vehicle for Kyle. That or a transmission for his Explorer. A new/different automatic transmission put in the Explorer is an iffy idea; it seems there was a time period ('92-'95/'96?) that the Ford transmissions on those types of vehicles had some major issues. (Of course we find all of this out AFTER it croaked!) To rebuild it totally is about 4 times more than the Explorer is worth. Sigh. David (my younger brother) has good Ford mechanic contacts that could do it, but they are all in Texas! :(

We did get more snow Thursday (5+ inches), but it should melt off some this week. Kyle did put my truck in the ditch on the way home from work Thursday night. He got it out and nothing was worse for the wear (that I've noticed-ha!).

Gas and Diesel shot up 13 cents this past week, people are grumbling. I have a hunch it's only going to get higher. I did notice many more people using "credit" instead of debit, check or cash at work this past weekend. Not sure what to think of that....I wonder if it will be a trend. Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment