For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Febuary already!

I have this photo titled: Oxymoron ;) Maybe Old and New would be better? ha

Time is flying, I'm still having a hard time writing "12" (2012) on anything, let alone the changing month!
We have moisture coming, hopefully we'll get rain and not snow. I'll take one or the other, but not both because that means sleet and/or ice. Thundersnow is cool to experience, unless you have to go somewhere!

My Bantie/Buff cross is a grumpy girl if I try to get the daily eggs out from under her. She is fast to peck and loud at protesting, so I leave her alone. I'm not sure sometimes if it's her or her sister when I'm in the coop; it takes all of two seconds of me reaching towards the nest to find out! (Passive or aggressive--which one is it?)
So I've been calling her Grumpyweena. She's about the only one with a name now, other than calling them by their colors. (Whitey, speckled, and lots of 'reds'!) I don't even know which one anymore is the one the Bantie raised before she got killed, two of them look the same, their combs are all the same size. But I think she's the one that sleeps on top of a trashcan with feed in it, she usually slept elsewhere in the coop with her mama, so the bigger hags weren't picking on them. ;)

Not much new news really. Mom was excited when I called the other night and told her I had good news! I started off by saying, "No, I'm not pregnant!" ha ha ha She got a good laugh out of that! The good news was: I found her a source of real milk nearby, and she WAS excited!! She thought I was going to have "Jared News" to update her with, so it was a nice surprise for her.

As for "Jared News" not much there. They have a three day weekend, but nixed the 'coming home' idea when we looked up plane ticket prices: $700+. Yikes! Hopefully they'll get a longer leave shortly.....time will tell.
The annual gun show is this weekend at a nearby town, that was the main pull of him trying to figure out if he wanted to spend that much on tickets. Ummm, spend money on tickets and no money for the gun show! It's not like his dad can't text/call him and let him know what is there! (That's what they did last year.)

Kyle is still Mr. Busy....he's tired some days but he is young and can handle a packed schedule much easier than I!

Patrick is working on building the screen door for the house. One of the great-nephews "visited" the other day when we weren't home and left the door open. (Uh, maybe if we would of locked it.......oooopsy!) So I had outside cats inside and vice-versa. At least the weather wasn't too bad, so the heater didn't run the whole time. (We weren't gone very long, but still.....) The screen door getting done is overdue anyhow, so this just helped push the issue. ;-)

Since the weather was nice, I fixed the doghouse and gave the rabbit extra hay for the impending upcoming cold. (OK, it's not going to be THAT cold, but colder than it has been!) ha
I am getting more hay today so I don't have to drive in mud/snow in the pasture tearing it up. It was a chore taking off the existing bale and put in giant 'feed tubs' I have but I got it done (with bovine 'helpers' of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment