For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Nessa's Bad Day

Before and After photos




I had the vet out Friday to dehorn Nessa and give her her Bangs tag + vaccinations. She did really well, in fact I didn't need to give her a Banamine shot today, she was pretty much back to normal.
Dolly kept pestering the vet through the fence the whole time and waited and waited and gave "mama moo's" to Nessa on and off. Dolly knew with the vet here, "something" was going on! The vet thought I was joking when I told him she was 17...he was probably wondering why I was feeding a pasture ornament...oh well.

I settled down out in the shed with a bale of hay for a chair and a back issue of AcresUSA to read and wait for Nessa to come out of her stupor. (The photo where it looks like she is sleeping.) It only took 3 hours before she was back on her feet ready to go back out to normalcy. I kept her in a bit longer to be safe. She even managed to pee on my boot, guess that was her 'thanks' to me! :( (Can't blame her!)

A cold front managed to come through in the afternoon and it even started to snow. I was glad to get back into the house and warmed up!

Pat and his cousin Tim went to Kansas City to pick up Jared today, and go to a gun show down there. (Not my cup of tea.....ha) Jared will be back for a week and I already have an Apple Pie cooked and waiting for him. ;)

Kyle yesterday had a Speech Meet and today is gone to a Show Choir competition playing drums for them. Golf starts next week, so his schedule will be more packed. Thank goodness he's cut down on his work hours.

1 comment:

  1. Bless her heart. I hate dehorning but worse than dehorning, I hate horns! ;-) She looks much better without them! She's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete