For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Just back from NC

Grandson Tracy hamming it up wearing Daddy's Beret:
 
 
Patrick and I made a quick trip to North Carolina to help Jared and Chandra move their stuff into storage and them into an apartment.  The weather was *~*awesome*~*!!  How awesome you ask?  Oh, mid-to-upper 70's awesome! 
We even mowed their lawn!  And ate Krispy Kreme donuts twice...a total treat since I couldn't tell you where the closest one near here is!
 
It was super great to see them, but it was a bittersweet trip, I miss them all already!  Of course I have tons of photos, but Chandra sent me this one while we were on our way home.  It's my (current!) favorite. 
 
Jared had a jump a couple of weeks ago, and I ask y'all keep "the guys" in the forefront of your thoughts and prayers in the coming months.  Military families can't always say why, but doing what the Loved One is trained for is the hardest on us as a whole.  Please don't take Family, Friends or our way of living for granted.  Appreciate that we are able to live the way we do, remember that Freedom isn't Free! 
 
So we've had a day or so of rest from 1,300+ miles of driving one way, now back to normalcy.  Um, whatever that is! (HA)  Actually we drove there and back....but the return trip wore on me more, I think because we were already [literally] butt-tired from sitting on the way there.  We got lucky and hit the bigger cities at non-rush hours, so we breezed through them.  I know CAN drive that far (just did it!), but I didn't say I totally liked it!  ;-)
 
Got a phone call that Fillet got out a couple of times when a storm came up and freaked her out.  The fence has a patch on it for now, and I can not wait for the ground to thaw some so I can fix it correctly; which means I have to pound posts into the ground.  Maybe I can get it done in a couple of weeks--who knows, as we have another snow storm and arctic cold coming.  (Oh joy--NOT!!)
The snow I can handle, it's the bitter arctic cold that gets to me (and the critters).  I know soon spring will be here and this bitter winter will be a memory.  Gardening and plants are on my mind already!  :)  Thinking positive here:  Woo-hooo!
 
When we returned the rental car, we stopped by Kyle and his GF's apartment.  He's been doing plenty of Honor Guard duties (funerals for Veterans); while going to school, working and Drills.  He's always been "Mr. On-The-Go", it's just his nature.  His GF also goes to school and works, I don't know how they have time to see each other!  HA 
 
That's the update for now.  Think Spring!!  :) 
 



1 comment:

  1. Janene, yeah, spring. Where is it? The forecast here is for -10 tomorrow night with snow. The ground is still rock hard and no frost heaving yet. I'm hopeful that this polar vortex weather pattern will break soon. I have onions seedlings and cabbage plants under the grow lights. Hopefully, in another month when they are ready to go into the ground the weather will be co operating a little better. However, the Farmer's Almanac says that our area of the country will have a cold wet Spring. Drats! The same as last year. I'll be planting potatoes in the mud with muck boots on .... again.

    I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip. I used to enjoy long driving trips when I was younger but now I'm kind of with you. All that happens is aches and pains from sitting too long. I have not driven out to Las Vegas to see the family in a couple years. Flying is so much easier and takes way less time. With the price of gasoline these days there's really no cost savings by driving. I do have an advantage with an available car to use on the Las Vegas end so cost of a rental is not a factor. Even with the cost savings it's only a once a year trip.

    I still have some fencing to do at my garden site this year. I have about 70 feet of seven feet high wood fence to finish. That will be a total of 240 feet of fencing surrounding my garden. Hopefully, I can get it finished before the sweet corn matures. I'm not sure if it will keep the raccoons out but it might slow them down a bit. It will definitely keep the deer out.

    Have a great catching up from your trip day.

    ReplyDelete