For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's Spring....I think!

Things are getting busy around here since the weather has been warmer.  I don't think I can plant anything in the ground for a month or so, but I'm getting geared up to!

Kyle, his GF and another friend stopped by yesterday, it was good to see them if only it was for a few minutes!  We've gotten a couple of phone calls from Jared, and I talked to Chandra as well.  She is really good about keeping "us" all updated online with photos and short videos of Tracy's antics.  He's such a sweetie, I miss them all!

I only had one tomato survive the winter, I think it's a yellow cherry tomato from a seed that was in the dirt of one I took a cutting from.  They all did good, until I tried to prune them.....they all died off one by one.  Ah, lesson learned of things NOT to do!

Fillet is over 800#, and Daisy is gaining some weight back--warm weather helps her not put calories into just keeping warm!  Mr. Sonny (the bull) should be arriving later this week, I just have to go get him.

Got one of the dead bull pine trees down in the front yard, it sure looks different!  One down, two to go......hopefully I can put my grape plants out there like I'd planned-I just don't want them in the way of branches/tree demolition(s)!

That's the quick update for now.....got more outside work to get done!  (It's never done, but I can make a dent in it!)  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Janene, the weather here on the western shores of the Nebraska Missouri river are at least returning to warmer weather from being cold instead of returning to cold from being warm. That's an improvement at least.

    I finally got the cabbages, onions, radishes, and lettuce planted in raised bed one yesterday. The gardening season has officially started for 2014 in my back yard. I'm hoping for a great year in the garden. The air temps on Monday and Tuesday will only be in the middle 30s so I may have to cover the cabbages to keep them from freezing. If they should not make it, I have more held back that I can replant. Something I learned from years past. Always plant just half of your seedlings then wait a couple weeks to plant the rest. Stuff happens, don't you know. It's always a mind game with nature in the Spring.

    Have a great Spring day.

    ReplyDelete