For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Beauty or Beast?

Beauty or Beast--you decide! :)



We are to get more snow this afternoon. I was kindly alerted to the fact when Patricks' cell phone went off (beep-beep-beep!) at 4 am with a weather warning/alert/update. As I try to get back to sleep, another beep series as a reminder of a text message was there.....I gave up and got up.
(By the way, I got these photos of the snowflakes off of WeatherUndergrounds' awesome photo gallery.)

It has been chilly, altho Monday was a high of 44, melting my pathways enough to make them sheets of ice by the time the sun went down and it cooled off (fast I might add).

On a lighter note--the neighbor told her 4-year old he had a cowlick this morning. He mentioned he'd been to my house and "Dolly did it". :) Kids, you gotta love 'em!

Kyle quit his one job and will just work at Pizza Hut for now. (yeah!) Less for me and him to deal with.
Monday Patrick and his mom went to see Aunt Elenora. She is tired, but holding her own for now.
Jared got a TV given to him, so requested our "old" Xbox and some games. At least he won't be bored when he has time off!

I spent Monday working on laundry catch-up and cleaning out the fridge. The dogs and cats loved me! HA Then I'd created a monster load of "stuff" to wash from doing that. Oh well! I also got Jerky ready and started to dehydrate it. Won't last long around here! :)

A wonderful article I came across this morning from the Small Farmers' Journal.
Congo Farm Project-From Starvation to Sustainability
http://smallfarmersjournal.com/congo-farm-project-from-starvation-to-sustainability


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment