For Our Troops......

For Our Troops......

Welcome!

Either you're searching for some information and stumbled across here, or already know me and are interested in what I/we do. :)

The dairy cow doesn’t ask for much, but she asks every day.
People who are creating wealth with a cow either are hardworking and reliable or get that way in a hurry. This is the way it has been for a very long time.
--Joann Grohman (Author of Keeping a Family Cow)


There are three kinds of people in this world:
Those who watch things happen,
Those who Make things happen,
or you can wonder what the hell happened.
--Captain Phil Harris (RIP)



A few of words of wisdom I have come across:


Choose not to just live within your means, but live within your needs.


If you don't want to be responsible for or defend yourself, please don't expect others to do it for you.

(My translation: Buck up and learn some skills!)


Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the AmericanGovernment take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."--Henry Ford

**~*~**Spread the word!**~*~**

Small Family Farms need our help when ludicrous charges have come up against them. Maybe someday it could be one of us on this "make an example out of you" chopping block.

Pushing back (via donations, interviews, getting the word out, etc) and standing up for what we believe in will send a clear message that we refuse to just roll over and give up!

When we know what we're fighting for, we fight harder--Sgt . Gary Stein (USMC)

THANK YOU!!!



Click for Jansen, Nebraska Forecast



Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Birthday for Jared

Jared has this on his truck. He likes Hello Kitty and that's an M16 it's holding!

Jared's birthday was yesterday--a year ago I couldn't even send him a birthday card because he was "in limbo" and was en route to Ft. Bragg from Ft. Benning. (Wow, it's been a year already?!!)

Today the base gets a visit from the President, more info here: http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/12/gannett-obama-visiting-bragg-to-mark-end-of-iraq-war-121411/


We've gotten rain the past couple of days, I'm just glad it's not snow--much easier on me and the animals (and travel)!
I made a chicken pen for my naughty roving chickens so they stay home for a change. Pretty bad when the bus driver comes into work and gives me 'chicken updates' of where they are! Gah!! Lets see how well they like me today. (not!!) ;-)

I need to get a turkey out to thaw--Jared will be home in a couple of days. He has a smorgasbord of foods he wants to eat while he's home. (Cheesecake, spaghetti, lasagna, steak, turkey [with 'taters and gravy] pumpkin and apple pie and I know there's more!) :) He'll get plenty of variety right away with the Russell family Christmas Potluck Dinner that is Saturday!

Kyle has been getting up early for band practise. Their Christmas Concert is Sunday, and besides his usual trumpet playing, he's also on the drums for another program. He is still busy as usual but I have seen more of him this week.

I actually cleaned my windows and washed my curtains--both long overdue. :) Patrick was sick this past weekend and managed to mess up his back. So Monday I had to take him to the Doctor's' office and was late to work. He is feeling better--as long as he takes it easy. Good excuse for me to be bossier than normal......oh, did I say that?!! ha ha ha ha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment